Women and Men from around the World to convene in Silicon Valley for the 22nd Annual WITI Simmit
Posted OnMay 2, 2016 by Anish S
Event Features A-List Speakers, New Workshops and Programs
WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading global business organization for women in technology with more than 150,000 members worldwide, today announced its featured topics and new programs for its 22nd Annual Women in Technology International Summit, to be held June 5-7 in San Jose, CA at the Doubletree by Hilton.
The Summit is the annual gathering for women and men who work in technology at all levels from around the world. Attendees will convene to collaborate on innovative solutions to common business challenges; explore new business opportunities that underscore how technology is powering change; and build and expand strong connections in a welcoming networking environment of women and men committed to helping each other succeed.
HIGHLIGHTED PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE
- Non-Traditional Pathways for Women into Tech
- Cybersecurity and Internet Privacy Protection
- Designing Irresistible APIs
- Creating Teams that People Clamor to Be On
- Want Extraordinary Results? Think Like a Designer!
- Take Charge of Your Own Success: A View from Insiders
- The Power of Gender Partnership in Advancing Women in Business
- Building a Company and the Power of Mobile
- Maximizing Predictive Analytics
- 11 Steps to Launching Your Corporate Mentoring Program & Keeping Your Millennials
The 2016 WITI Summit will feature more than a dozen structured Coaching Workshops and over 100 Coaching Circles, including:
- Breaking Silos While Climbing Up
- Creating Awesome Business Relationships
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be an Entrepreneur?
- Edge Out the Competition For Promotions
- Embodying Your Power As a Leader
- Engaging Men in Women's Leadership
- Generations in the Workplace: Introducing iGeneration
- How to Influence Without Authority
- How to Truly Connect and Build a Network
- How to Turn Conflict Into Opportunity
- Keys For Avoiding Job Surprises, Starting With the Interview
- Leading Creative Breakthroughs in Your Organization
DRONE ENGINEERING WORKSHOP FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS
A half-day session on Sunday, June 5, will explore new capabilities in STEM education as middle and high school girls work in teams to design and build a quadcopter drone from beginning to end. The approach dives deeply into every component of STEM, catalyzing students to develop critical cognitive skills through a hands-on, team approach. The primary goal is to empower students to pursue an education and career in science. Attendees are encouraged to attend and support the contestants.
WOMEN IN TECH PROGRAMS FOR MEN
WITI welcomes men to join the Summit, especially on June 7, to attend sessions designed to share insights on how women leaders are, and continue to provide a proven competitive advantage. Key Thought leaders – including Will Marré, Co-Founder of the Covey Leadership Center and author of the upcoming “Why We Need Women Leaders to Win”; and Ben Schick, Senior Consultant and Executive Coach from the Institute for Gender Partnership, will help men learn how to become stronger allies, champion women programs in their companies, and help bring more awareness about the value of gender parity in the workplace.
Sponsorships and booths at the Women In Technology Business Expo are also still available. For more information on how to participate in these program elements please contact 800-334-WITI.
WITI, founded in 1989 by Carolyn Leighton, is the world's leading trade association for professional, tech-savvy women committed to using technology, resources and connections to advance women worldwide. With a global network of exceptionally successful women leaders, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide resources, and opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other succeed. WITI's mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. For more information please visit: http://witi.com .