Hewlett Packard Enterprise Announces OneView 3.0
Posted OnJune 28, 2016 by DIQ Network
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced OneView 3.0 to provide software-defined intelligence across HPE’s family of infrastructure solutions, including HPE ProLiant, HPE BladeSystem, HPE 3PAR StoreServ, HPE Hyper Converged solutions, and HPE Synergy, the industry’s first composable infrastructure.
Today, customers need to simplify day-to-day operations, deploy applications faster and enable IT to quickly take advantage of the latest tools, like Docker, SaltStack and Chef. HPE OneView delivers software-defined intelligence; workload template automation and open integration through a unified API so organizations can provision their infrastructure to improve efficiencies.
The latest enhancements to HPE OneView include:
- A new global dashboard, which simplifies IT operations for large scale and globally distributed environments deployments including remote sites. This dashboard gives users an “at-a-glance” view of their infrastructure no matter where it is located, as well as supports physical, virtual, hyper-converged and composable infrastructures.
- Simplified end-to-end management of heterogeneous network switches is realized by marrying the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) with OneView. This transforms manual processes into a rapid, reliable and automated process.
- Integration with HPE Helion CloudSystem 10which provisions individual physical servers or entire virtualization clusters directly from the CloudSystem console. This eliminates the multiple organizational hand-offs required to provision physical infrastructure before cloud services can be defined and deployed.
“Organizations need tools that enable them to simplify IT operations, respond to business demands at cloud speed and increase productivity, ultimately freeing up IT resources required to deliver new and innovative services to their customers,” said Vikram K, Director, Servers, Hewlett Packard Enterprise India. “Our mission is to make IT simple for customers. Whether they are managing and maintaining infrastructure, running traditional applications or developing new revenue generating services on cloud native applications, HPE OneView is the infrastructure automation engine built to make that all possible.”
Asante, a healthcare provider serving more than 580,000 people throughout Southern Oregon and Northern California, is using HPE OneView to help manage their growing infrastructure needs.
“HPE OneView is a really slick tool for managing configuration consistency and enforcing compliance across the enterprise,” said Michael York, systems engineer Asante. “We needed a solution that would scale forward and run Epic across multiple data centers. As a small IT organization, we also wanted to move away from designing and developing the infrastructure ourselves to more of a converged infrastructure that’s fully engineered and certified for Epic. HPE delivered on all counts, and more.”
Additional HPE OneView 3.0 feature upgrades/news include:
- New provisioning for HPE ProLiant DL platforms. Customers can now deploy server infrastructure optimized to specific workloads. New monitoring support for the HPE Apollo series, expanding management coverage across a wider array of infrastructure.
- Migration from virtual connect environments to HPE OneView 4X faster and with zero downtime or service disruption.
- Growing partner HPE OneView ecosystem with SaltStack, SUSE, Eaton and nLyte, making partner, dev op, cloud and facility management tools more agile and efficient.
- HPE OneView 3.0 will be available in Q3.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.