SolarWinds to Present Wait-Time Analytics for MySQL Performance Optimization at Percona Live Europe
Posted OnSeptember 19, 2015 by Shruthi S
Attendees Are Invited to Join an Interactive Session With SolarWinds Database Performance Evangelist on Wait-Time Analytics, a Performance Optimization Methodology for DBAs and Developers
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software, today announced its participation at Percona Live Europe, September 21-23, 2015, in Amsterdam. At the event, SolarWinds database performance evangelist and Oracle® ACE, Janis Griffin, will present on best practices for performance turning MySQL® databases using wait-time analysis on September 22 from 2:10-3:00 p.m. CEST.
"MySQL is a powerful database that is becoming increasingly more popular for many organizations; however, MySQL queries can often be more art than science," said Janis Griffin, database performance evangelist, SolarWinds. "I'm looking forward to sharing practical tips to the wider DBA and developer community on how wait-time analytics can help improve applications performance and can save DBAs countless hours of tuning for MySQL."
Visit SolarWinds at Booth 406
At the event, the company will showcase SolarWinds® Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) 10.0, which now provides added support for MySQL databases, enterprise-grade performance tuning and metric visibility. SolarWinds DPA brings 10 years of wait-time analysis technology development and the power to Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis(tm) to the MySQL community including Percona® databases.
SolarWinds product experts will also be available to offer demonstrations of SolarWinds DPA for MySQL and show off new functionalities, including:
- Ability to monitor and help to optimize MySQL instances based on MySQL Community Edition 5.6, Percona Server® 5.6, MariaDB® and Aurora(tm) as well as instances based on Microsoft® SQL Server®, Oracle Standard Edition, Oracle Enterprise Edition, IBM® DB2® and SAP® ASE operations.
- Wait time analytics and Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis, including dynamic baselining, alerting and custom reports to help pinpoint the root cause of database performance issues and anomalies quickly and easily.
- Agentless architecture in MySQL development, test, staging, and production environments, providing information of where the bottlenecks are and enhancing collaboration.
Join "Need for Speed: Getting MySQL Query Right the First Time"
With over 25 years of database administration experience, including design, development and implementation, Griffin will present "Need for Speed: Getting MySQL Query Right the First Time" on Tuesday, September 22, from 2:10-3:00 p.m. CEST at Zurich 2. Attendees will learn how to:
- Effectively use the performance schema to quickly identify bottlenecks and get clues on the best tuning approach
- Quickly identify inefficient operations through review of query execution plans
- Use SQL diagramming techniques to find the best execution plan
- Press Release: SolarWinds Introduces Database Performance Analyzer for MySQL
- Video: Database Performance Analyzer Overview for MySQL Databases
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/