Tyco Retail Solutions "Best in Show" Award Finalist at RFID Journal LIVE! 2015
Posted OnApril 15, 2015 by Anish S
Company Showcases Breakthrough RFID Beam-Steerable Antenna for Precise Inventory Tracking
RFID Journal LIVE! Conference & Exhibition -- Tyco Retail Solutions (www.tycoretailsolutions.com) will showcase its Sensormatic Beam Steerable RFID Antenna, finalist for Product Best in Show Award, this week at RFID Journal LIVE! on April 15-17, 2015 at the San Diego Convention Center. This innovative beam-steerable antenna uses a "sweeping" action to accurately read a RFID tag multiple times to determine -- in real time -- the direction of tag movement. With this groundbreaking RFID technology, retailers can verify if a tag has entered or left a store, stock room, fitting room or any transition area to gain deeper insights into the sources of shrink and inventory distortion to improve retail operations and profits.
By implementing the Sensormatic antenna as part of a RFID store system for use in fitting rooms and transitional areas, retailers can be notified on the presence of RFID tagged items and movement. This actionable data can be used to improve store operations by preventing theft, locating merchandise and providing beneficial merchandising and customer service information. Tyco's beam steering RFID technology delivers value for a variety of use cases including:
The Fitting Room...
- Enables real-time capture of item location information
- Allows monitoring of merchandise to reduce shrink and out-of-stock conditions
- Provides connectivity for customer merchandising and loyalty applications
- Features an unobtrusive design ideal for fitting rooms
Transition Areas & Stockrooms...
- Captures directional tag movement in real-time to automate replenishment
- Speeds merchandise receiving and transfers
- Shows item location to enhance "fulfill from anywhere" omni-channel strategies
- Optimizes RFID read coverage and reduces hardware required for lower total cost of ownership
- Mounts easily on walls or ceilings; attractive and durable low-profile design blends seamlessly with almost any store interior
"Harnessing the power of RFID to help retailers solve tangible issues for improving operations and profitability is a critical game changer," said Nancy Chisholm, President, Tyco Retail Solutions. "Our Sensormatic RFID antenna with innovative beam steering capability is a quantum leap in antenna functionality with its ability to truly detect real-time RFID tag directionality for precise item visibility."
About Tyco Retail Solutions
Tyco Retail Solutions is a leading provider of integrated retail performance and security solutions, deployed today at more than 80 percent of the world's top 200 retailers. Customers range from single-store boutiques to global retail enterprises. Operating in more than 70 countries worldwide, Tyco Retail Solutions provides retailers with real-time visibility to their inventory and assets to improve operations, optimize profitability, and create memorable shopper experiences.
The Tyco Retail Solutions portfolio for retailers is sold direct through Tyco businesses and authorized business partners around the world. For more information, please visit TycoRetailSolutions.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel.