Posted On July 13, 2015 by Geeta Priya filed under Enterprise
SugarCRM is the world's leading provider of commercial open source customer relationship management (CRM) software for companies of all sizes. SugarCRM's Sugar Suite easily adapts to any business environment by offering a more flexible, cost-effective alternative than proprietary applications. SugarCRM's open source architecture allows companies to more easily customize and integrate customer-facing business processes in order to build and maintain more profitable relationships. SugarCRM offers several deployment options, including on-demand, on-premise and appliance-based solutions to suit customers' security, integration and configuration needs.
Apache, MySQL, and PHP. The package has been tested and configured using SpikeSource's patented automated test harness to install out of the box in 5 minutes.
Updates to the Sugar & Spike Windows Installer will be made available on SugarForge website on a regular basis. The combined build will include the latest version of Sugar CRM and the latest version of SpikeSource Core stack. Please note that this installation requires a clean install of all four components. Users will need to uninstall other versions of Apache, MySQL, or PHP before using this install file.
First install the Sugar on Spike v4.0 and run. The First screen you will see is the Setup Wizard Welcome screen will be displayed.
Then the Step1. License Acceptance. Afte reading the Sugar Public License carefully click on the “I Accept”, then press “Next”.
Step 2: System Check – all status should be “OK”
Step 3: Database Configuration
- Enter "localhost" in the "Host name" field
- Enter "sugarcrm" in the "Database name" field
- Check "Create Database"
- Enter < username> in the "Username for SugarCRM" field; you can use the default username “sugarcrm”.
- Check "Create User"
- Enter < password > in the "Password for SugarCRM" field
- Re-Type < password > in "Re-Type Password for SugarCRM" field
- Check "Populate database with demo data?"
- Enter "root" for “Privileged Database User Name” and leave the password field empty.
Finally Press "Next"
Step 4: Site Configuration
- Enter < sugar admin password > for “SugarCRM admin password field”
- Re-enter < sugar admin password > for “Re-type SugarCRM admin password field” Remember this password – you will use it the first time you log into SugarCRM.
- For “Advanced Site Security” leave “Use Defaults?” checked.
Step 5: Confirm Settings
Double-check the settings that you have selected. If you need to change or correct any of them, press “Back”. Otherwise, press “Next” to proceed.
Step 6: Perform Setup
As the installation and configuration proceeds, messages will appear in this window. Please wait until the message “The setup of SugarCRM 3.0.1a is now complete.” appears. Then press “Next” to proceed.
Step 7: Registration
Depending on whether you have Internet connectivity or not, you may be presented with a Registration page. You may choose to register with SugarCRM at this time. Press “Finish” when you are ready to proceed.
Now we will login using “admin” as username and password.
Database Creation Using phpMyAdmin
Follow these steps for creating a SugarCRM database using phpMyAdmin. Open a browser window and access the following web page to start the phpMyAdmin application: http://localhost/phpMyAdmin. You will be prompted for Login credentials. Give your User Name as "root" and leave the Password field blank.
* The Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3 page will be displayed.
* Now enter a name ‘sugarcrm’ in the area saying Create a new database and click on the Create Button. You will go to a new page, which informs you that Database sugarcrm has been created
* Now click on the link localhost and you will go to the Welcome page
* Go to the links below the Create new database textbox and select Privileges
* Scroll down in the new page till you find a Add a new User link. Click on it to go to the Add a new User page
* Enter the username, Host as “localhost” and password. Then scroll down and click the Go button where you will reach a new page saying You have added a new user
* Now scroll down to the place where it says database-specific privileges and select ‘sugarcrm’ from the drop down menu
* You will reach a new page with the caption User 'username'@'localhost'-Database sugarcrm. Now go to edit privileges and click the link Check All to select all the checkboxes and press the GO button.
* You will reach a page saying you have updated the privileges for 'username'@'localhost'. Now click on the Databases tab at the beginning.
* You will see sugarcrm in the list of databases and select its checkbox and click on the check privileges icon at the right where you will reach a page showing you all the users who have access to sugarcrm.
Once SugarCRM has been fully configured, it may be started again at any time by using the "Start SugarCRM" shortcut on the desktop or under Start -> Programs -> SugarCRM.
Then it will take you to the Login Screen.
Enter the proper Usrname and Password to login the SugarCRM and enjoy working.
For More information please visit the following site. http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/